CMJ is not your typical accounting firm. We are a cohesive team offering a full scope of services and solutions to drive the success of our clients’ businesses. We work as advisors to management teams, providing sound, informed feedback that contributes to growth and long-term stability.
CMJ was founded in 1988, by Paul Curtis and Bill Jeffreys with a commitment to providing a full array of accounting, tax and management advisory services to corporations, partnerships and business owners in upstate New York. Today we serve a wide variety of business clientele, with proficiency in not only domestic business matters, but also in multi-state and international issues as well.
We’re proud to reward our team for the great results they produce with competitive compensation and benefits such as annual performance and marketing bonuses, flexible scheduling before and after tax season (including but not limited to the summer months), health, dental, vision, supplemental disability and life insurance plans, paid time off including holidays, 401(k) retirement plan staff contributions matched by the Firm, professional development, professional attire subsidy for new hires, health club subsidies and more!
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related program or Associate’s degree in related field with relevant work experience.
- Advanced degree or enrollment in an advanced degree program (MS Accounting, MS Taxation or MBA) desirable.
- Completion of career development programs designed to enhance management, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- Minimum five years of experience in public accounting (Preferred).
- Proficiency in use of computers, tax software programs and Microsoft Office programs.
- Exhibits good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to translate complex information into understandable and usable client language/terminology.
- Excellent social and people skills essential.
- CPA designation or other Professional designation (Desirable).
- Queensbury, NY 12804 (Required).
- United States (Required).
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate, Tax and Advisory Services is an experienced Tax professional who has achieved or is working toward a CPA designation or other professional designation(s), with at least three to five years of experience in public accounting; in-depth knowledge of tax compliance; and the ability to independently perform a variety of complex work. The incumbent will be periodically be required to review the work of others.
- Prepares personal, corporate, partnership and fiduciary tax returns.
- Acts as a resource for tax staff.
- Performs complex tax research.
- Prepares projections and becomes involved in planning for complex clients.
- Supports accounting and auditing partners, managers and staff in client meetings.
- Reviews tax accruals and associated work papers.
- Tax Compliance Oversight: analyzes and interprets IRS notices and drafts responses.
- Represents clients before the IRS and state tax authorities.
- Participates in tax department administrative projects.
- Acts in In-charge for personal tax return clients and business clients.
- Acts as key client contact person for select business and personal engagements.
- Produces quality work with efficiency and attentive client service.
- Manages their own client base, usually a notable number of clients and billing amounts, including preparing invoices to clients, communicating fee details to clients, client relations and engagement management.
- Establishes good working relationships with staff members at all levels.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and imagination in solving work and client problems.
- Assists with recruitment and training of other tax department personnel.
- Develops entrepreneurial approaches to client service and maintains good working relationships with clients and staff.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients and cultivates referrals.
- Accepts volunteer positions in community organizations.
- Continues to develop industry expertise.
- Develops a broad general knowledge of economic, political and business conditions.
- Performs related duties as may reasonably be necessary in the course of business.
- $70,000 – $90,000 per year.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the continued success of our firm, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resumé, salary requirement and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Local Candidates or Candidates Relocating to Saratoga, Washington or Warren County, NY or Queensbury, NY Only.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters.
Disclaimer: CMJ, LLP does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CMJ, LLP about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CMJ, LLP via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CMJ, LLP; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CMJ, LLP as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.