CMJ is not your typical accounting firm. We are a cohesive team offering a full scope of services and solutions to drive the success of our clients’ businesses. We work as advisors to management teams, providing sound, informed feedback that contributes to growth and long-term stability.
CMJ was founded in 1988, by Paul Curtis and Bill Jeffreys with a commitment to providing a full array of accounting, tax and management advisory services to corporations, partnerships and business owners in upstate New York. Today we serve a wide variety of business clientele, with proficiency in not only domestic business matters, but also in multi-state and international issues as well.
We’re proud to reward our team for the great results they produce with competitive compensation and benefits such as annual performance and marketing bonuses, flexible scheduling before and after tax season (including but not limited to the summer months), health, dental, vision, supplemental disability and life insurance plans, paid time off including holidays, 401(k) retirement plan staff contributions matched by the Firm, professional development, professional attire subsidy for new hires, health club subsidies and more!
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or other related program or Associate’s degree in related field with relevant work experience.
- Advanced degree or enrollment in an advanced degree program (MS Taxation, MBA, or MS Accounting) (Desirable).
- Completion of career development programs designed to enhance management, communications, and interpersonal skills.
- B2B Tax Software, 3 years (Required).
- B2B Public Accounting, 3 years (Required).
- Proficiency in use of computers, tax software programs and Microsoft Office programs.
- Minimum three years of experience in public accounting (Desirable).
- Exhibits good time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to translate complex information into understandable and usable client language/terminology.
- Excellent social and people skills essential.
- CPA designation or other Professional designation (Desirable).
- Queensbury, NY 12804 (Required).
- Some travel (25%) (Required).
- United States (Required).
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Senior Associate, Accounting, Assurance and Advisory Services is an experienced Audit and Accounting professional who has achieved CPA designation or other professional designation(s), with at least three years of experience in public accounting; in-depth knowledge of tax compliance; and the ability to independently perform a variety of complex work. The incumbent will be periodically be required to review the work of others.
- Provides oversight to all phases of audit, compilation, or review engagements.
- Maintains contact with clients throughout the year and possesses a thorough knowledge of the client and all facets of the client’s business.
- Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all staff members and utilizes staff members appropriately on client engagements.
- Evaluates internal controls and work programs prepared by staff members.
- Creates and adheres to engagement time budgets.
- Coaches staff in client meetings.
- Supports partners and managers in client meetings.
- Oversees work and reviews the work of others.
- Provides on-the-job training and reviews work papers and reports prepared by the staff members.
- Anticipates problem areas of the engagement and questions that will arise and prepares accordingly.
- Keeps the Audit Supervisor, the Senior Audit Manager and the Audit Partner informed of all the important developments on engagements, analyzes any problem areas and makes resolution recommendations.
- Ensures that financial statements, tax returns, and letters are prepared in accordance with professional and Firm standards.
- Communicates progress of engagements, any problem areas and resolutions to the client.
- Acts as key client contact person for less complex business and personal engagements.
- Produces quality work with efficiency and attentive client service.
- Establishes good working relationships with staff members at all levels.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and imagination in solving work and client problems.
- Assists with recruitment and training of other audit department personnel.
- Develops entrepreneurial approaches to client service and maintains good working relationships with clients and staff.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients and cultivates referrals.
- Accepts volunteer positions in community organizations.
- Continues to develop industry expertise.
- Writes articles and makes presentations to market the Firm and foster confidence in service offerings.
- Develops a broad general knowledge of economic, political and business conditions.
- Performs related duties as may reasonably be necessary in the course of business.
- $70,000 – $90,000 per year.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the continued success of our firm, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resumé, salary requirement and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Local Candidates or Candidates Relocating to Saratoga, Washington or Warren County, NY or Queensbury, NY Only.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters.
Disclaimer: CMJ, LLP does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CMJ, LLP about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CMJ, LLP via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CMJ, LLP; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CMJ, LLP as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.