To apply, please email email@example.com.
CMJ is not your typical accounting firm. We are a cohesive team offering a full scope of services and solutions to drive the success of our clients’ businesses. We work as advisors to management teams, providing sound, informed feedback that contributes to growth and long-term stability.
CMJ was founded in 1988 by Paul Curtis and Bill Jeffreys with a commitment to providing a full array of accounting, tax and management advisory services to corporations, partnerships and business owners in upstate New York. Today we serve a wide variety of business clientele, with proficiency in not only domestic business matters, but also in multi-state and international issues as well.
We’re proud to reward our team for the great results they produce with competitive compensation and benefits such as annual performance and marketing bonuses, flexible scheduling before and after tax season (including but not limited to the summer months), health, dental, vision, supplemental disability and life insurance plans, paid time off including holidays, 401(k) retirement plan staff contributions matched by the Firm, professional development, professional attire subsidy for new hires, health club subsidies and more!
Summary of Responsibilities
The Executive Assistant monitors the daily operation of various Firm departments through strong interpersonal relations with the Firm’s clients, staff and prospects, allowing the Firm Partners (particularly the Managing Partner) to successfully perform their functions. The Executive Assistant is also responsible for overseeing an annual marketing plan to achieve the business objectives for the Firm.
Working with both Partners and directly supervised by the Managing Partner, the Executive Assistant collaborates with the Managing Partner in fulfilling his work responsibilities and increasing his personal efficiency; to build and maintain positive relationships with employees and clients; to provide organizational support services, which improves the overall efficiency of the operation; to provide honest and timely feedback on issues relevant to operation excellence; and to maintain the confidentiality of the information entrusted to the firm.
- Makes recommendations for revisions to current business practices, to improve workflow, efficiency and elimination of manual processes.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all corporate, client, personnel and research matters.
- Performs accurate and timely filing of all monthly client investment statements.
- Creates and maintains client / prospect / referral database.
- Maintains Practice Management Client Due Date System.
- Sets up and maintains all Master Client Files, ensuring all file data is accurate and complete before release to Firm staff.
- Provides confidential administrative support to the Managing Partner:
- Managing Partner’s calendar, phone, meeting messages and mail management and development of responses.
- Prepares meeting minutes and follows up on meeting outcomes to ensure completion
- Arrange travel itineraries.
- Other projects as assigned by Partners, Controller and Managers.
The Executive Assistant’s marketing goals include but are not limited to heightening market presence, increasing positive awareness, strengthening brand loyalty, increasing market share and most importantly, producing increased revenues and profitability.
- Promotes awareness and maintain positive brand image of the firm on a local and regional level.
- Plans, and coordinates with approved firm vendors and supervises the production of marketing materials, report preparation, promotional and internal communications materials for clients and prospects.
- Develops and manages annual vendor budgets and plans (advertising and online) as well as local marketing plan and budget.
- Oversees publication of firm newsletter for clients and prospects.
- Oversees and coordinates all firm meetings, seminars and client-facing business development events.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of the Firm’s website.
- Responsible for the purchase of Client / Prospect promotional items year-round.
This is an in-office / onsite position.
- Associate’s degree or higher in Accounting, Business, Marketing or other related degree
- 3+ years’ related job experience, accounting firm experience preferred.
- Desire and commitment to gain and learn from experience in public accounting.
- Proficiency in use of computers, tax software programs and Microsoft Office.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the continued success of our firm, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resume’, salary requirement and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Local Candidates or Candidates Relocating to Saratoga, Washington or Warren County, NY or Queensbury, NY Only, Please.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters, Please.
Disclaimer: CMJ, LLP does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CMJ, LLP about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CMJ, LLP via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CMJ, LLP no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CMJ, LLP as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CMJ, LLP; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CMJ, LLP as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $27 – $ 32 per hour (depending on experience, particularly accounting firm experience).
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday.