To apply, please email email@example.com.
CMJ is not your typical accounting firm. We are a cohesive team offering a full scope of services and solutions to drive the success of our clients’ businesses. We work as advisors to management teams, providing sound, informed feedback that contributes to growth and long-term stability.
CMJ was founded in 1988, by Paul Curtis and Bill Jeffreys with a commitment to providing a full array of accounting, tax and management advisory services to corporations, partnerships and business owners in upstate New York. Today we serve a wide variety of business clientele, with proficiency in not only domestic business matters, but also in multi-state and international issues as well.
We have a great history of hiring successful interns for regular full-time entry-level Staff Accountant positions.
- Paid Internship
- Currently enrolled in an accredited university pursing a Bachelor’s degree in accounting or a related area of study as a Junior or Senior.
- Proficiency in use of computers, tax software programs and Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to handle sensitive or confidential information with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to multi-task as well as work independently.
- Have a professional and courteous manner.
- Display a strong work ethic and positive attitude.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to translate complex information into understandable and usable client language/terminology.
- Excellent social and people skills essential.
- Queensbury, NY 12804 (Required).
- United States (Required).
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Accounting Intern is an undergraduate (Junior or Senior) or graduate student professional who is pursuing their undergraduate and/or graduate degree in a related major, seeking experience in public accounting and tax compliance. Performs a variety of diversified basic accounting and auditing tasks under the supervision of an Associate, Senior Associate, Supervisor, Manager, or Partner. Possesses the ability to learn to independently perform a variety of related work tasks.
- Documentation management including scanning, organizing and sorting tax documents.
- Review and organize incoming client tax documents.
- Assist with intake of tax information and prepare for routing.
- Providing support to accountants and managerial staff.
- Work with tax software forms.
- Interpreting raw data from client’s files and input into tax software.
- Help Receptionist with answering in-coming phone calls.
- Additional responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the continued success of our firm, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resumé, salary requirement and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Local Candidates or Candidates Relocating to Saratoga, Washington or Warren County, NY or Queensbury, NY Only.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters.
Disclaimer: CMJ, LLP does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CMJ, LLP about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CMJ, LLP via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CMJ, LLP; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CMJ, LLP as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.