To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CMJ is not your typical accounting firm. We are a cohesive team offering a full scope of services and solutions to drive the success of our clients’ businesses. We work as advisors to management teams, providing sound, informed feedback that contributes to growth and long-term stability.
CMJ was founded in 1988, by Paul Curtis and Bill Jeffreys with a commitment to providing a full array of accounting, tax and management advisory services to corporations, partnerships and business owners in upstate New York. Today we serve a wide variety of business clientele, with proficiency in not only domestic business matters, but also in multi-state and international issues as well.
We’re proud to reward our team for the great results they produce with competitive compensation and benefits such as annual performance and marketing bonuses, flexible scheduling before and after tax season (including but not limited to the summer months), health, dental, vision, supplemental disability and life insurance plans, paid time off including holidays, 401(k) retirement plan staff contributions matched by the Firm, professional development, professional attire subsidy for new hires, health club subsidies and more!
- Full-Time or Part-Time
- 30-39 or 20-20 hours per week
- Bachelor’s degree (Required).
- Retirement Plan Services Third-Party Administrator (TPA), 5 years (Preferred).
- B2B Public Accounting, 5 years (Preferred).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, 5 years (Preferred).
- Exhibits good time management and organizational skills.
- Queensbury, NY 12804 (Required).
- Some travel (Required).
- QPA (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- QKA (Preferred)
- United States (Required).
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Manager, Retirement Plan Services is an experienced Retirement Plan professional who has achieved QPA, QKA or other related professional designation(s), with at least five years of experience in third-party retirement plan administration (equivalent public accounting experience also preferred); in-depth knowledge of retirement plan compliance and the related tax requirements; and the ability to independently perform a variety of related complex work tasks. The incumbent will be required to direct and coach the work of others.
- Acts as a third-party administrator for clients’ plans in order to help facilitate plan administration.
- Manages retirement plan administration and tax software applications. Uses the firm’s software programs to automate the process from plan administration to calculating contributions and preparing certificates and participation, as well as 5500 returns.
- Reconciles client records to payroll reports, which may include analytical procedures, and performing schedule computations, wages and contributions.
- Performs other accounting and consulting duties as needed in engagements.
- Expected to read industry-specific journals.
- May train other staff members or clients.
- Involved in industry-specific group meetings.
- Provides ideas to improve client’s systems and operation during the engagement.
- Involved in the engagement-planning process.
- Communicates directly with clients for benefit administration purposes.
- Conducts employee benefit enrollment meetings for clients.
- Educates clients on new and developing benefits available and any industry or governmental changes.
- Supports clients to assure compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Assists clients in preparing reports and applications required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Consults with clients to review, design and recommend benefit program changes or additions.
- Performs reviews of benefit and human resource plans and policies to assist clients with compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
- Produces quality work with efficiency and attentive client service.
- Manages their own client base, usually a notable number of clients and billing amounts, including preparing invoices to clients, communicating fee details to clients, client relations and engagement management.
- Establishes good working relationships with staff members at all levels.
- Demonstrates initiative, creativity and imagination in solving work and client problems.
- Assists with recruitment and training of other Firm personnel.
- Develops entrepreneurial approaches to client service and maintains good working relationships with clients and staff.
- Maintains contacts with peers, develops network of business contacts, meets with prospective clients and cultivates referrals.
- Accepts volunteer positions in community organizations.
- Continues to develop industry expertise.
- Writes articles and makes presentations to market the Firm and foster confidence in service offerings.
- Develops a broad general knowledge of economic, political and business conditions.
- Performs related duties as may reasonably be necessary in the course of business.
- $75,000 – $90,000 per year.
If this position describes your talents and experience, and you know that you can help drive the continued success of our firm, then we want to hear from you! Please send your resumé, salary requirement and cover letter telling us why you’re the best candidate for this position.
Local Candidates or Candidates Relocating to Saratoga, Washington or Warren County, NY or Queensbury, NY Only.
No Phone Calls or Third-Party Recruiters.
Disclaimer: CMJ, LLP does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters for any of its employment opportunities. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CMJ, LLP about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms / employment agencies / third-party recruiters to any employee at CMJ, LLP via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property CMJ, LLP; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by CMJ, LLP as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means.